QuadriCal® Calcium Boluses
RESEARCH TRIAL INDICATES THAT QUADRICAL® MAKES MORE MILK; RESULTS SHOW 8:1 ROI
In a DHMS/Cornell study, both heifers and second lactation and older (2+) cows given one feeding of QuadriCal® after calving produced more milk per day than control animals (no calcium supplement) in all statistically significant analyses. The study also found older heifers, lame cows, cows with high BCS, and 3+ lactation cows would benefit the most from targeted calcium supplementation1.
- Both first-calf heifers and cows in second lactation and older (L2+) benefited from QuadriCal® supplementation.
- First-lactation heifers (L1) gave 2.6 to 6.2 pounds more milk per day (statistically significant)
- L2+ cows gave 2 pounds more milk per day (statistically significant)
- L2+ cows had reduced incidence of DA, RP and metritis* (all statistically significant)
*(Cows with lower calcium status in QuadriCal®-supplemented group had metritis reduced 1.5%.)
- $223.50 per cow added net income for first-calf heifers with high BCS (Body Condition Score)
- $55.50 per cow added net income for L2+ cows with long gestations (>277 days)
- $44.00 per cow added net income for L2+ cows with reduced health incidence (DA, RP and metritis), resulting in an overall 8:1 Return on Investment with QuadriCal® supplementation.1
- Rounded bolus profile for safe, smooth and easy administration
- Uncoated bolus for rapid calcium absorption
- Multiple sources of calcium for immediate and sustained calcium absorption
- Vitamin D3* for dietary calcium uptake and resorption from the bones
- Niacin* for energy metabolism and liver function
* Except QuadriCal® AC
Administer one dose (3 or 5 pre-packaged boluses, depending on chosen product) at calving time.
Repeat 12 to 24 hours later as needed.
For best results, use in conjunction with RumenAider® cattle capsules.
RumenAider® Cattle Capsules
FOR BEST RESULTS
Feed QuadriCal® in conjunction with RumenAider® cattle capsules†. RumenAider® capsules provide nutritional and digestive support.
- 5 species of intestinal bacteria
- 24 billion CFUs of live microbes, including rumen propionibacteria, in each capsule
- Live yeast to promote rumen fermentation and appetite
- 100,000 units of digestive enzymes per capsule to aid rumen digestive process
- Highly available vitamins and chelated trace minerals important for immune function
- Patented Capsule-in-a-Capsule© packaging system to protect live microbial cultures
- Fast acting gelatin capsule that dissolves rapidly within 6 to 8 minutes
- Feed adult cattle 1 to 2 capsules per head per day for up to 3 days
†Also available in a formula that may be suitable for organic use. Dairies should always consult their certifying agency before administering any product to confirm its acceptability for organic use.
1. Leno, B.M. et al. “Differential effect of a single dose of oral Ca based on postpartum plasma Ca concentration in Holstein cows.” Cornell University Animal Science Department and Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences Department, College of Veterinary Medicine. Dairy Health and Management Services, LLC. Journal of Dairy Science, April 2018. Data on file at Bio-Vet, Inc.